During the last edition of Make in Odisha, the state received overall investment intent of Rs. 4,19,574 crore across 15 sectors.
The Honourable Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri. Naveen Patnaik, announced the countdown to “Make in Odisha 2020” and launched the 8th phase of ground-breaking industrial projects as Odisha continues with its unprecedented industrial development.
Shri. Naveen Patnaik also showcased the new website of Odisha Film Development Corporation (OFDC) followed by the unveiling of the countdown to the 3rd Make in Odisha Conclave in 2020, the state’s flagship biennial global investors’ meet.
During the last edition of Make in Odisha, the state received overall investment intent of Rs. 4,19,574 crore across 15 sectors and saw the participation of more than 5,000 industry captains, with delegates from across the country and abroad, and experienced a footfall of up to 31,000 delegates.
Shri. Patnaik said “Odisha has a vision of becoming one of the top three investment destinations in the country and towards achieving this, we have devised the ‘5T’ strategy in which Transformation goals identified will be achieved through Teamwork, Transparency and Technology enablers in a Time-bound manner. One year from today we will host the Make in Odisha Conclave 2020 and I invite all stakeholders to join hands to make it the greatest investment summit ever organized by any State in the country.”
Captain Shri. Dibya Shankar Mishra, Minister of Energy, Industries, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of Odisha said “The response has been overwhelming since the last Make in Odisha conclave, which has not just helped in propelling the industrial development further but has also provided a platform for the stakeholders to engage with the State Government, to deliberate on the next phase of overall socio-economic growth of the state. Next year, we will aim to attract even more investment.”
The five companies that are being inaugurated today include:
1. Omjay EV: Bharat motors are setting up its electric vehicle assembly plant at Jajpur. This is a first of its kind of e-vehicle project in the state with the latest technology. The unit is set up with an investment of 52.41 with an employment potential of 122 persons.
2. OCL India Ltd, one of the oldest companies of Odisha, is coming up with an additional investment of 1,994.98 crore at Rajgangpur providing employment to 365 persons.
3. Shree Cement Ltd, a reputed cement manufacturing company, is setting up a 3 MTPA Cement grinding unit with an investment of Rs.452.55 crore and will provide employment opportunity to 243 persons.
4. Pro-minerals, now part of Essel Mining, is now expanding its activity from mining to pellet production and cutting down the mining pollution load, with an investment of Rs.283.97 crore at Basantpur, Keonjhar and will provide employment opportunity to 192 persons
5. Suraj Products is diversifying its business from sponge iron to steel making. The plant at Rajgangpur has been set up with an investment of Rs.50.25 crore and will provide employment opportunity to 196 persons
Besides the above, the event today witnessed a Groundbreaking ceremony of 22 industrial units across various sectors with investments over Rs. 6,100 crore at the hands of Hon’ble Chief Minister.
“I am confident that with our single window system, Go-Swift and the revamped policy ecosystem with our investment opportunities showcased, the state will emerge as the most preferred investment destinations in the country,” added Shri Patnaik.
The Make in Odisha Conclave promises to further the vision of the state to broad base the industrial growth with investment proposals in several sectors including chemical and fertilizers, petrochemical, food processing, healthcare, tourism, renewable energy and electronics.