As on Q3 2019, MMR had an unsold stock of nearly 2,20,870 units, Thane has total unsold stock of 34,950 units and Navi Mumbai has unsold inventory of 39,530 units.
New Supply Overview
• Of the total 14,040 new units launched in entire MMR in Q3 2019, Mumbai witnessed new supply of 9,390 units comprising 67% share, followed by Navi Mumbai which saw launch of 2,430 new units (17% share) while Thane saw 2,220 units launched during the period.
• On y-o-y basis, new stock in Mumbai reduced by 33%. It was 14,040 units in Q3 2018 – exactly the same number of launches that is seen by entire MMR in this quarter. Quarterly decline recorded was 38%.
• Navi Mumbai saw its new supply reduce by 21% in the third quarter this year – from 3,060 units in Q3 2018 to 2,030 units in Q3 2019. On q-o-q, new supply declined by 34% and was 3,710 units in Q2 2019.
• Thane saw its new stock decline by 19% on y-o-y basis. It was 2,740 units in Q3 2018 and now stands at 2,220 units in Q3 2019. It saw 48% decline over the preceding quarter – Q2 2019.
• Of the total 17,180 units sold in entire MMR in Q3 2019, Mumbai witnessed housing sales of 11,630 units comprising over 68% share in entire region. On y-o-y basis, the city saw its sales decline by 9%. It was 12,750 units in Q3 2018. On quarterly basis, housing sales in Mumbai fell by 22% – from 14,850 units in Q2 2019.
• Thane witnessed yearly reduction of meagre 1% in Q3 2019 – from 2,690 units in Q3 2018 to 2,660 units in Q3 2019. Q-o-Q, the city saw 16% decline in housing sales. Approx. 3,170 units were sold in Thane in Q2 2019.
• Navi Mumbai saw housing sales rise yearly by 5% – from 2,740 units in Q3 2018 to 2,890 units in Q3 2019. However, on q-o-q basis, sales declined by 13% from 3,340 units in Q2 2019.
• As on Q3 2019, MMR had an unsold stock of nearly 2,20,870 units. Of this, Mumbai comprised 66% share with approx. 1,46,380 unsold units. On yearly basis, the city was able to shed its unsold stock by 3% while q-o-q it only saw 1% reduction in the unsold stock.
• Thane has total unsold stock of 34,950 units as on Q3 2019, declining by 1% on quarterly basis and by 2% on y-o-y. Unsold stock as on Q3 2018 was 35,700 units approx.
• Navi Mumbai’s unsold inventory is at 39,530 units in this quarter. Q-o-q, inventory declined by 1% from 39,990 units in Q2 2019. On yearly basis, the city saw its unsold stock pile by 7%. Unsold inventory was 37,000 units in Q3 2018.