India will cross 20 bn online digital transactions in the next 12 months: Raj Jain, RS Software


Partnership with ThreatMetrix will focus on the India market: Raj Jain, RS Software

RS Software (India) Limited, a leader in payment technologies, operates out of four continents and is headquarters out of Silicon Valley, US with strong presence in India, UK and Singapore. The company provides solutions to payment networks, processors, acquirers, issuers, banks and to leading payment brands across the globe. The company engages with its proprietary methodology to deliver mission critical core payment systems that achieve authorization, clearing and settlement of electronic payment transactions.

Yash Ved of Newsbarons provides you the highlights of a media interaction, where Raj Jain, CMD, RS Software informed “We have announced a new partnership with ThreatMetrix to accelerate the adoption of secure digital payments in India.”

NB: Brief us about your tie-up with ThreatMetrix?

Raj Jain: This partnership with ThreatMetrix will focus on the India market along with select global opportunities to deliver holistic risk and fraud management with personal identification and advanced device fingerprinting. The objective is to create robust, secure next-generation merchant-acquiring and payment platforms for Digital India.

Besides the major payment networks, there are globally over 50 in-country payment networks, including in India NPCI, and these are the primary beneficiaries of this partnership.

NB: Your outlook on the electronic payments industry?

Raj Jain: We believe that the banks are also looking to bring more governance, security and transparency into their existing merchant-acquiring business and their commitment to security is high. Our state-of-the-art digital merchant acquiring platform ‘Payabbhi’ is globally benchmarked to the best suite of technologies and even further enhanced by integration with world-class intelligence from ThreatMetrix.

With banks and payment service providers in India pushing for acceptance and issuing infrastructure, this partnership will offer for the first time in India, solutions that are stable and secure built by payment specialists who have experience with payments globally for 25 years.

NB: What is the market size of online payment transactions?

Raj Jain: The Indian market alone is estimated to see more than 20 bn online payment transactions in the next 12 months.

NB: What is your revenue mix?

Raj Jain: United States is our major market. About 75% of our revenue comes from US and remaining 25% of our revenue comes from Indian market.

NB: Are you looking at any acquisition plans?

Raj Jain: We are always looking good opportunities for acquisition globally.

NB: Comment on your Capex plans?

Raj Jain: Our investments will be in building digital assets, Research and Development (R&D) and enhancing sales marketing channels.

Yash Ved
Yash Ved is a Senior Correspondent at NewsBarons and comes with a decade of experience across leading online and offline publications. A keen observer of the stock index movement, Yash also likes covering Real Estate and the BFSI sector. A financial management and Journalism student, Yash believes learning as a continuous journey and enjoys following the IT and the Pharmaceutical industry and has penned many articles on the subjects.