Freshers and professionals with less than two years of work experience noted maximum growth of 18% in talent demand in Dec 2018 v/s Dec 2019 comparison.
The RecruiteX December 2019 edition reveals that the Projects/Infrastructure sector posted the highest growth of 14% in talent demand, followed by the Automobiles/Auto Component/Auto Ancillary sector which recorded 8% uptick in Nov 2019 v/s Dec 2019 study of talent demand.
• Projects/Infrastructure sector noted the highest growth of 14% in talent demand in Dec 2019; Retail sector claimed most talent demand in Dec 2018 v/s Dec 2019 comparison
Key findings from the RecruiteX Dec 2019 edition are:
Industrial sector-wise top gainers in talent demand:
• M-o-M analysis: Projects/Infrastructure sector topped the sector-wise tally of talent demand with 14% growth in Dec 2019. The Automobiles/Auto Component/Auto Ancillary sector followed in with an 8% uptick in talent demand during the saidperiod.
• Y-o-Y analysis: The Dec 2018 v/s Dec 2019 comparison shows that Retail, Projects/Infrastructure, and Logistics/Warehousing industries witnessed maximum growth in talent demand. The Retail sector posted over 30% growth in talent demand, followed by the Projects/Infrastructure sector which saw a 20% upturn in the talent demand.
Functional area-wise top gainers in talent demand:
• M-o-M analysis: In Dec 2019, Content/Editors/Journalists profiles were most sought after with a 12% growth in talent demand.
• Y-o-Y analysis: The IT/Telecom and Customer Services/Tele-Calling were the most in-demand profiles in the review period.
City-wise top gainers in talent demand:
• M-o-M analysis: Tier-II cities were the top job hubs in Dec 2019, with Ahmedabad recording the highest growth of 10% in talent demand. City Beautiful Chandigarh followed with a 9% growth in talent demand.
• Y-o-Y analysis: Hyderabad/Secunderabad topped the city-wise list, noting over 30% growth in talent demand. Lucknow followed in with a 25% uptick in talent demand. Among metros, Bengaluru had the highest demand with an 8% growth.
Work experience-wise top gainers in talent demand:
• M-o-M analysis: People with 2-5 years of work experience had the highest talent demand in Dec 2019.
• Y-o-Y analysis: Freshers i.e. professionals with less than two years of work experience were most sought after with 18% growth in talent demand. This was followed by the demand for professionals with 10-20 years of work experience.
Elaborating on the findings of the RecruiteX Dec 2019 report, Sanjay Goyal, Business Head, TimesJobs and TechGig said “The hiring sentiment right now is hinting at the ‘revival mode’. The Automobiles sector is a classic example here. The sector is undergoing a major revamp in its offerings as electric vehicles, and alongside it is also prepping up its personnel requirement to fit the new scheme of things. In Dec 2019, the sector was actively looking for professionals who can make (R&D) and sell the new product lines. The Production/Manufacturing and Sales Business Development were most in-demand job profiles in Dec 2019 in the Automobiles sector. This is a much-needed push in the recruitment market.”